No-Bake Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Hearts
Homemade gifts are gifts from the heart. And there really isn’t anything more special than receiving a handmade card made out of construction paper or a homemade valentine gift from your loved one.
Remember grade school? My favorite cards to receive were the homemade kind with lots of glitter, puffy paint, and a Hershey’s Kiss taped on.
Although I am older now, I’m still a sucker for a homemade card or gift. It’s the thought that counts, so putting a little bit of elbow grease into a valentine can really show how special someone really is to you.
As for gifts, Valentine’s Day does not require a lot of money and a fancy-schmancy piece of jewelry.
Here is an easy recipe that your Valentine is sure to love. Made with simple ingredients and a little bit of love, these No Bake Cookies are delicious and not-so-bad for you either!
No-Bake Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Valentine Hearts
Yields: ~10 hearts
- 1C instant oatmeal
- 4 packets of stevia (optional)
- 1/4C honey
- 1/4C all-natural peanut butter (drippy)
- 1/4C mini dark chocolate chips + 2T
- Additional kitchen tools: a small food processor, wax paper, a sandwich bag, a rolling pin, and a heart shaped cookie cutter.
- In a small food process, process oats until they become the consistency of flour.
- Next, add in the rest of your ingredients and pulse. You may have to stop and scrape the sides. The consistency should be similar to cookie dough.
- Next, form your dough into a ball. Using your rolling pin, roll the dough out onto the wax paper with a thickness of ~1/4 inch.
- Using your cookie cutter, press out heart shapes.
- Finally, place additional 2T mini chocolate chips into a small bowl and melt in the microwave for ~30 seconds. Transfer melted chocolate into a sandwich bag and cut the tip off. Drizzle chocolate over hearts.
Nutritional Information: 136 Calories | 19g Carbohydrates | 6.6g Fats | 2.7g Protein